Friday, June 25, 2010

On Being an Atheist.

Which I'm not. An Atheist, I mean. I'm a Theist. I have a couple of friends who are though. One of whom once asked me why I believed in God. And I thought about it.


My reasons are completely selfish. I need God. I need to know there is someone or something with whom I can talk to. Someone I can complain to. Someone I can pray too. Someone who's always there, always available to listen to me rant, rave, complain and ask for whatever I desire at the moment.

I need God to keep me sane. I really do.

Tell me guys, you a theist or atheist? And why do you believe in God? In a supreme being? Or why not?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm those are my reasons too and well the logic of a Supreme Being is just too undeniable for me. We studied this in Islamyat in grade VI:

    "Can a whirlwind assemble a Boieng 747 from pieces of scrap metal lying in it's path?"
    (or something like that...)

    Similarly, the earth with all its' intricate and complex structures could not have been formed without the intervention of a God.

    I could go on and on but meh, that'd be rambling so I'll stop here. Nice blog btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... dont wana think abt it right now... will let u know when i do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sychh, and okay Lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Without God I don't see a point in living. There is no point in doing good if you don't think you'll get something in return. Weird explanation can't put it in words I guess. :P Nice blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I like yours too. I'd follow but I don't know how. :( I'm an idiot like that =/

    ReplyDelete