Friday, July 9, 2010

Gone With The Wind. Again.



Every summer, for four years now, I take out my 1942 (it belonged to my mother's uncle) copy of Gone With The Wind and read all 1037 pages of it.

It's an epic tale of a woman's life during one of the most tumultuous periods in America's history. From her young, innocent days on a feudalistic plantation to the war-torn streets of Atlanta; from her first love whom she has always desired to three husbands; from the utmost luxury to absolute starvation and poverty; from her innocence to her understanding and comprehension of life.

Best book ever?

I think so.

3 comments:

  1. Hi..........This is Aazar from Pakistan. It would like to follow your blog. It would be great having some intellectual discussion with you. Sharing of views. I liked the way you write. I am following you. Hoping that you will do the same. here is my link. www.aazarshad.blogspot.com.
    I would love to hear you.
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Aazar Ali Shad

    ReplyDelete